Getting my Mojo Back


I am slowly getting my mojo back. My ribs are healing well. I went to the doctor this week and he said my ribs are healing as they should and I should expect to be released from physical restrictions (within reason) in another two weeks. For another six weeks after that I'm not allowed to fall, lol. I have been having terrible trouble with my stomach, but the doctor thinks that is related to all the meds I took and which probably ate the lining of my stomach. I'm on meds for that, but labs showed up some concerns so I had to get a ultrasound today. I will be so glad when all of this is behind me!
However, I am definitely feeling better. I can sleep through the night with way less discomfort. I can walk and go up and down stairs and teach without feeling too slow. It's great.
Last weekend was still a bit hard. We went out Friday night for Denver restaurant week with Suzy and Jason at STK downtown and it was absolutely delicious and such good company, but I realized that I am not hip enough for that restaurant when I came out of the bathroom complaining about the loud music. Still it was a nice diversion. Unfortunately, my stomach was not happy with all that food and kept me up all night. Sigh.
Saturday I wore pj's all day and never left the house, except to walk the dog. Michael and I had a nice time catching up and talking while we walked. It was a "mini-date". Saturday night the boys had a sleepover at Garrett's house for his birthday, though Sam chose his own comfy bed for the sleeping part. Sunday, I spent all day booking our mountain biking weekends for the fall and building my puzzle and reading and hating my stomach. I did emerge for bookgroup. We had read Ronan Farrow's Catch and Kill and I really loved it and wanted to talk about it. Then I came home and went back to bed with my painful stomach. Monday was dr visits and work as was the rest of the week. But today (Thursday) I am feeling so much better!
My show is next week and I am working so hard on getting it ready! This week was all about lining up my dominoes so they fall the way I placed them. Michael was in Dallas this week, gone for the third week in a row. I was glad he wasn't in Nashville again as there were some scary tornadoes this week.
I voted for Elizabeth Warren in the primary, but she did not prevail. I'm sorry to not to have her as the candidate, but I will happily support either Bernie Sanders or Joe Biden.
We are still planning our spring break trip despite Covid-19 concerns. The news cycle is dominated by either reports of Coronavirus or the election. This is a very unsettled time and adds to my general feeling of unease.
Davis has had a rough week too. I think being freshman in high school is so hard, especially these days. Being a parent of a freshman is also very difficult too. Sigh.
Today is a gorgeous day though and I am living in the moment. My stomach doesn't hurt today. I walked the dog in the sunshine. Michael is coming home today. I made a fun plan for my birthday. We are going on a long anticipated family road trip this weekend. I don't hurt right this second. Sam is home sick, but not feverish and I love any time I get to spend with him, especially just the two of us. We are not at the end of this tunnel, but I see the light.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday