Random musings and updates

I should be packing right now. We leave for Costa Rica in two days. I just can't get there. Sam is refusing to sleep this afternoon. He's in a good mood, just not sleeping. Davis is pulling every toy out and placing it randomly around the apartment. He's in a good mood too, just messy.
As for me, I'm just tired. I figured out how to play my ipod through the xbox, so I can finally listen to my tunes around the apartment. I've got Lisa Tingle on right now.
Let's see, what have I managed to get done today? I worked out early this morning. We went to story time at the library a little later in the morning, then had a playdate with Shana and Callie. Then we picked up Michael and had lunch at our favorite local diner, Harlow's. Then nap. What else? I've changed three terrible blow out diapers on Sam today, changed his outfit four times and given him a bath once. I got the Feb. pictures downloaded and sent out to friends. I still need to put them on Flickr. I got the kids clothes pulled out for the trip and I've done three loads of laundry. I also colored my hair. I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I had to cover the gray. I'm getting a gray streak right at my widow's peak. It could be cool I guess, but at two weeks before my thirtieth birthday, it's just an evil reminder of my impending old age. I also made a list of all the weddings I've done and sent it to Clink. I've done sixteen. It feels like more.
(Pause while I go insert paci into Sam's mouth. He's in the swing and I'm hoping he'll swing himself to sleep.)
So I am so excited about this trip to Costa Rica. We'll be gone until the tenth. We're staying in this awesome house with all my family. I'm really looking forward to seeing the family and to relaxing and to getting to spend some time as a family with Michael. He's been studying all day and on the weekends, so it will be really nice to all be together.
(Pause while Davis lifts my shirt and tells me I have a belly. I tell him he has a belly too. He agrees)
We got Davis' hair cut last weekend. It's hard not to have Fabian around. We went to a kid's place and Davis sat in a toy car and watch Thomas the train while he had his hair cut. He looks okay and seemed to have a good time.
(Pause while I go insert paci again.)
Guess what?!? Davis got into the Circle C Child development center. He will start in August. He will be going Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 9:30 till 1:00. I am thrilled about this, but feeling a little bit of guilt too. I hope he likes it. It's an awesome place and it's in my neighborhood. He's been on the waiting list since he was 10 months. Sam is already on the waiting list. Yay for child care!
(Pause while I insert paci again. Good. He's looking sleepy. Maybe I'll have time to fold laundry before Michael gets home. But first I want to download new pictures to blog. )
Here's an update for Michael. He has been assigned a specialization in Security. He is really pleased about this. It means he will be doing things that can stop hackers. Pretty cool. He has also been assigned to work in Austin. This was pretty much a given, but it's nice that it's official that we can go home.
I guess that's all for now. I need to go play with Davis and stick that paci back in Sam's mouth again. Then unload the dishwasher, fold the clothes, download the pictures, write the check for childcare to reserve the spot, give Davis dinner and start dinner for Michael.
Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday