So now I'm 30


Yesterday was my birthday. I turned thirty. I am no longer in my twenties. In Texas, I have always loved how the bluebonnets start appearing around my birthday. Are they out yet? I was kind of sad to miss it, but when I went outside today, I was hit by the sweet perfume of orange blossoms. It made me feel so happy. I love that scent and it was like a special birthday present from mother nature.
I like this age. I think I feel pretty good about it. I'm thinking that you get more respect when you are in your thirties. Maybe I have more wisdom. I always hoped that I would be married with children by the time I turned thirty and I managed to do that. I also hoped I would be a firm, fit thirty and I didn't quite meet that goal. Oh well. I'm working on it.
When I was about twenty or so I went to Santa Barbara for the weekend. I was having lunch and I looked over at another table and saw a beautiful woman having lunch. She was thin and tan and about thirty to thirty-five. She wore jeans and beautiful boots and a sweater set and pearls. She had long brown hair pulled into a ponytail. I decided that was what I wanted to be at thirty. She became my ideal and my vision of myself at thirty. Now I've arrived and I'm not her. I'm still me, just older. It's a good vision to work towards though.
It was a nice birthday. Not very exciting or anything. I had already celebrated with my family in Costa Rica. Michael left for work before I woke up. I told Davis it was my birthday and he looked blankly at me and then asked for more waffle. I told Sam and he smiled and then continued nursing. I got several wonderful birthday phone calls. Then yesterday evening we went out to a neat brewery called Four Peaks with my new Tempe friend Shana, her husband Justin and their little girl Kalli. It was fun and they had great beer. We were home by seven thirty. It's fun to go out with other people that think that's pretty late. I had roses from my husband waiting when we got home. That was nice too. All in all it was a good day, but I missed all of you. Love and kisses from the birthday girl!

Comments

Cheris said…
Happy Birthday!!! The thirties are great. Twenties? Bah... just a fog...
Debbie said…
Hi, Amber!
Hadn't been by in awhile, but glad
I checked in today....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

30s aren't perfect yet, but I'm working on it, too :)
And forget about that woman you saw when you were 20...she was probably checking out the 40 year old next to her, hoping she could be like that one day. Grass is always greener, ain't it?!

Glad you got to go out for an albeit early evening!

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday