Happy Easter


Happy Easter everyone. We celebrated our Easter in Tucson this weekend. Michael had booked us a suite at the Westin La Paloma for my birthday and it happened to fall on this weekend. We drove down on Friday and came back on Sunday.
On Friday we drove around and checked out the campus area. We had snacks and a beer at Frog and Firkin and then walked around the theatre building. It was really odd for me to be tooling around campus with my Children! I couldn't seem to reconcile the past and the present. It made me realize how happy I am with where I am in my life right now and how much I don't really want to go back to school. I love theatre and performing, but I don't miss the stress and the pressure and the judging.
On Saturday morning we drove through Gate's Pass and the gorgeous Saguaro National Park. We stopped at the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum and had a great time. We saw a mountain lion through a plastic window less than a foot away. We also saw a hummingbird sitting in its nest. We had lunch at El Charro restaurant and then drove back up to the resort. That afternoon Davis went into the daycare there, Michael kept Sam and Marchelle and I headed for the pool for some sunbathing and chatting. Then that night Michael and I had a dinner date in the room with room-service and an in-room movie.
Sunday we had a beautiful Easter brunch at the resort. We all had our photo taken with the Easter bunny and it was our first family photo without Sam being bundled in the sling. Michael is going to scan it in on Friday and I will post it then.
It was a lovely weekend and it was nice to get to visit Tucson again. The weather was low to mid eighties and all the cactus was in bloom. This is a nice time in Arizona.
I missed getting to do Easter with my family at my parent's house, but we heard this morning that they are going to come visit one more time so we are very excited. I hope you all had a great weekend as well and we can't wait to see you. Five more weeks left! Love, Amber

Comments

Glad you had a great Easter! The family picture is GREAT. You look fabulous.
love,
tc

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday