He's just cute.


Can I just say how cute Davis is right now? He cracks me up on a daily basis. When he wants something he comes up to me and tilts his head to the side with the little imploring look on his face and his voice rises up an octave. "Milk? More Milk, Please?", he asks so sweetly. It's hard to turn him down.
Yesterday he wanted me to continue sitting on the couch with him, but I had to nurse Sam. Instead of screaming his protest like he usually does, he put his hands on his hand and repeated over and over, "ooooh noooo, ooooh noooo", like a tragedy had occured.
He has taken great interest in Sam lately and it is so sweet to watch. He runs over to the exersaucer when Sam is in it and gives him toys to play with and sings and talks to him. Today he told him, "Catch!", and threw the ball at him. It's not always safe play, but he does it with the best of intentions. Yesterday I was nursing Sam and talking on the phone. Davis came up and starting talking to me. I wasn't listening because I was on the phone. He began shouting Mommy at me. When I asked him what he wanted he said, "Want pat, pat Sam PLEASE!" I said okay and he smiled sweetly, patted Sam on the back and went back to playing. Can you say precious????
And often in the mornings we go do a Davis-centric activity. Lately, though, Sam's nap has been occurring at that exact time and so we have to hang at the house. Yesterday Davis begged me to "Get Keys!" and "Go Bye-Bye!". When I explained that we couldn't because Sam was sleeping, Davis ran and got the sling and told me, "Get Sam in Sling!" Smart cookie, isn't he?
I told him the other day not to hit Sam on the head with his fire truck. So he hit me on the head with his fire truck. I told him not to do that either. Later I heard him mumbling under his breath while he walked around with his truck, "No hit mommy. No hit Sam.". Like he was trying to remind himself of the rules.
His language is exploding and he's starting to get all his words right. It makes me sad because I used to love the way he would say things half-correctly.
That's all for now because Sam is waking up and Davis wants to go bye-bye, but I just had to spread the Davis joy this morning. Love, me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday