Some Days are Harder than Others


Yesterday was a hard day. I decided yesterday that I would like to quit motherhood. Sam was not sleeping. He was doing okay with the whole night sleep thing and then he wasn’t. For two nights in a row he was up screaming his head off every hour. He wouldn't nap for longer than 30 minutes at a time.
I think he must be teething again. He’s wanting to put everything in his mouth, but he’s still so young that he doesn’t have the coordination. Davis didn’t get his first tooth till seven months, so when he was teething, I’d just hand him the teether and he’d go for it. Sam can’t get it in his mouth or he loses it and then he cries. And it seems like the teether is actually hurting him. I can’t believe he’s five months and he’s already working on his third tooth.
Plus I’m on this stupid diet and I’m only one pound away from goal, but I’ve been hungry for 15 weeks and it’s not helping my mood.
And Davis refused to nap two days in a row.
All this to say that yesterday was hard. I instant messaged Michael and told him about the symphony of screams going on in our living room. I also told him I was going out for a beer and Mexican food and I was sure the kids would be fine. He immediately called twice in a row to make sure I was kidding. I was kidding, but just barely. The funny thing is that I checked my instant messaging history and almost all of them are to Michael begging him to come home around four o'clock in the afternoon. I guess this kind of day isn't as unique as I thought. It's just that the good times make me forget I guess. Thank god.
I made this video yesterday afternoon. Mommy Goes Crazy. It's not great, but it captures the moment.
Last night was much better, thank goodness. Sam slept like an angel and so did Davis. And today is Saturday which means that after Michael studies this morning we can play! I just thought I'd post about this so you didn't think this whole blog was like an overly cheery Christmas card letter.

Comments

Debbie said…
Ugh...we're in teething/colic hell here, too.
Here's to happy boys more days than not!

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday