Six months!


Sam celebrated his half birthday with learning how to scoot. Our big boy learned to roll over at 2 months, got teeth at 4 months and figured out how to crawl at 6 months. I'm so proud. I'm also a little stressed about how I'm going to keep track of him now that he's on the move. I'm also concerned on how I'm going to keep all the choking hazards out of his way when Davis is around.
But it really is wonderful to watch these milestones happen. Sam seems so proud of himself when he crawls. And he gets so frustrated when he can't reach the object of his desire. This being able to motivate will help a lot. He tries a variety of methods to get around. I made a video. Of course, in the video he doesn't actually go anywhere, but I assure he does when the cameras aren't rolling. I will put it up under videos, but here is the link now. Sam crawling. I hope you enjoy it.
We also took him in to his six month well visit. He weighs in at 18 pounds now. He seems to have slowed down a bit in the weight gain. He's still plenty chubby though.
His eyes seem to have decided to be a hazel color. I'm so glad because it's his daddy's color. Sammy pretty much looks like Michael these days. I think they are both gorgeous. He's still a pretty happy baby and shows no signs of stranger anxiety yet. I hope it stays that way.
His one true obsession all day and all night is to get things into his mouth. It's his driving force. I often wonder if that's what addiction is like. Poor little guys. I know he'll be happy when he gets all these teeth in.
Time seems to be flying by. I am just trying to make sure that I take the time to enjoy his babyhood. It's easy to get distracted by Davis and my life, but I am making a conscious effort to appreciate Sam. As hard as it is to get up for Sam's midnight feeding, it is also nice to sit in the quiet dark house and cuddle with him and sing to him and be his comfort. Much love, Amber

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday