Dropped the baby


Sam learned to pull up today. I went in to get him after morning nap and he was standing up holding on to the side of his crib. I was so proud! He’s getting so big so fast. He’s crawling and babbling and now pulling up. And when I took him downstairs and put him on the floor, he promptly crawled over to his busy box and pulled himself up to standing again.
When we go upstairs for the next nap I set Sam on the floor of my office with some toys and went in his room to try and figure out how to lower his crib so he doesn’t fall out if he stands up. I’m worried about this. I left the gate at the top of the stairs open so Davis could follow us up. Davis has gotten good at shutting the gate when he comes up. So, I’m in Sam’s room working on the crib and I hear Davis say, “Don’t fall!” and then hear bump, bump, bump. My heart stops and I run to the stairs just wondering which child. When I get there I see Sam on the third stair down. He fell down the stairs. He starts crying and I scoop him up and kiss him all over. Davis is at the bottom of the stairs at this point. “What happened?” he asked me, “Did you drop the baby?”. Yes son, I dropped the baby.
Thank god he’s okay. And on top of that I don’t have the right tools to lower the stupid crib until Michael comes home with the tool box and so I’m walking around with the video monitor in case Sam wakes up and decides to stand in his crib.
So today’s lesson is:
The baby can crawl fast and I ALWAYS have to shut the gate.
P.S. Don’t tell Michael.
Love, Amber

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday