Ice Cream festival and Pump it Up






We went to the First Annual Austin Ice Cream Festival this weekend. It was pretty fun. We got there right as it began and the skies opened and we got drenched. Then the sun came out and turned the whole park into a sauna. It was a very good thing that there was so much ice cream there. We toured the ice cream stands and we each picked a different vendor to try. Davis asked me a bite and I obliged, but he made a face and didn't ask me for another one. He just doesn't have a sweet tooth I guess.
We saw some friends and listened to a really good children's band. Davis went into the petting zoo, but preferred to enjoy the animals from the safety of his father's arms.
We got Davis' face painted and he looked awesome. We didn't stay as long as we wanted because the heat just became too much for us. Sammy started screaming in discomfort and my body was just aching all over.
I gave Davis a mirror on the way back and he spent the whole car ride enjoying his visage. We stopped at P. Terry's for a hamburger on the way home. It was pretty tasty.
After nap (which Davis didn't take) we headed to Pump it Up for my nephew's fifth birthday party. Davis had a blast. He had so much fun chasing his cousin and trying to keep up with the big kids. I'm definitely going to take him there again to play.
That evening we came home and crashed in our cool, air conditioned house. Michael and I curled up on the couch and watched a movie and I was asleep by nine. Woohoo for a crazy Saturday.
P.S. Thanks to Cheris for the great pics of the ice cream festival!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday