Playing with the kids


I love to play with the kids. I didn't think that I was going to be a "playing" kind of mom. When I was little my Dad played with me and my Mom took care of me.
Of course they both did each of those things, but the first scenario was most often the case. I assumed that was the way it would be with me as well. When Davis was a baby, I found it difficult to play with him and while I could read to him forever, we were both quite content to do our own thing. We still don't NEED each other to play. I'm happy to let him entertain himself when I am hanging out a friend's house or a playgroup. Mommy needs adult attention too, but when we're just hanging out at the house, and the chores are done, then it's time to play with each other.
We have entered the world of pretend and playing is SO FUN. Davis and I enter our world of pretend and really go for it. I'll crawl across the floor and transform our living room into a Farmer's Market, and then a Racetrack, and then a Circus, and then a Kitchen. Davis and I try on different persona's and leap from one imaginary scenario to another. Sam is our unwitting accomplice. He has no idea the many roles he plays in our games. I'm just glad he seems to be happy to be included.
Oh, and we sing. We sing and sing. Both the boys love music and being a Ham and so does their Mommy. We make up songs and have instruments we carry in the car. We jam out in the car and wiggle and shake and bounce in our seats and generally entertain all the people stuck in traffic around us.
Each age that we come to is my favorite. I hope that stays true for a while.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday