Brilliance (a bragging post)

Today, as Davis and I were waiting for our Peanut Butter and Banana muffins (from Deceptively Delicious w/hidden cauliflower!), we sat in front of the refrigerator to play with Sammy and his favorite letter refrigerator magnets. Sam showed them each proudly to me and pushed the button to make the alphabet song play. On a whim, I asked Davis to pick out the letter D. I told him this was the first letter of his name. He calmly reached up and immediately picked it and handed it to me! He knows the letter!
I was so proud and explained about D sounding like "duh" and so on. He grabbed an O and told me the name of it and explained that it was like a circle. Then he took a U and told me the name of that! Finally, as I got up to get the muffins out and test them, he continued chattering at my knees. When I tuned back in, he was telling me that the word "duck" started with the "duh" sound and so must be a D word too! He figured this out. I'm so proud. I have no idea if this is ahead or behind the curve or what might have taught him all of these skills, (he's been boycotting Sesame Street for months), but all the same I'm busting my buttons.
Love, A (mother of Davis- only 2.75 years old!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday