Gossip Girl


I love this show. I don't care who knows. I'm not embarrassed. I will shout it from the rooftops. I take more pleasure from this show right now than any other. And now there are no more episodes. Sob.
At first I didn't care about the writers strike. I thought I would be fine without dramas and comedies because I had my reality TV. But my TV schedule is so empty and sad right now. American Idol isn't good yet. And Amazing Race is over. I'd feel better if Survivor was already on and Top Chef and maybe a little So You Think You Can Dance, but no. And so I REALLY miss Gossip Girl.
This show is a little 90210 without the preachiness and a little Sex in the City without *quite as much sex. I love the clothes! I love the music! They are so pretty! The narrator is Kristen Bell! I don't care that the show is basically a soap opera and is pretty vapid. I just like it.
And now you can too! This Monday, January 28, they will have a 90 minute special with the entire pilot episode and then cast interviews and such that will catch you up. The link is here. I believe that after that they will rerun all the episodes.
Watch it! And then tell me what you think. We can totally geek out together about this show. If you don't believe that it's good, check out these reviews. The Washington Post said, "At times, it's overboard and maybe a bit giggle-inducing, like watching little kids play dress-up. But overboard is exactly where "Gossip Girl" wants to be -- and what viewers must embrace when taking the guilty plunge." Los Angeles Times said, "Gossip Girl is eye candy, and mind candy, as pretty as a perfectly prepared martini--one that some nasty, picture-perfect have-it-all may or may not have drugged." And the New York Times said this, "It's a sleek, glossy, musically enhanced soap opera centered on wealthy, gorgeous high school students who connive and cavort to the sound of Rihanna, Justin Timberlake, Peter Bjorn and John, Angels & Airwaves, and Timbaland."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday