Peter and Wolf


The Austin Mamas were talking about Peter and the Wolf the other day and reminded me of how much I used to love listening to the recording. I went online and picked a recording out for Davis and ordered it immediately, hoping it would get here in time for his third birthday. We got it today and I decided not to wait for the birthday, but instead go ahead put it on his little CD player in his room. He was riveted. He sat in his rocking chair doing nothing but listening from beginning to end. When it was over he told me he liked it a lot and that it was a little big scary and that he wanted to listen to it again. And that's what he's doing right now. Sitting there in his rocking chair listening to it again for the second time in a row. If you're interested, this is the version that I got for Davis. Peter and the Wolf.
I must add that I just went to check on him after the second time through. He was still sitting in his chair, but he had tears on his cheeks. I asked him what was wrong and he said that the music had scared him. So beware of the power of the music on this CD and stay close to your little ones while you listen.

Comments

Heather said…
Amber! This is such a sweet post about Davis. I've been meaning to leave a comment on your blog, because I've been reading it for a while now and it felt weird to be checking it so often without you knowing. So now I'm finally telling you that I love your blog! Your boys are adorable, and there have been so many questions I've wanted to ask you about parenting two little ones. Or about how you manage to cook all those dinners. I just can't seem to cook a real meal yet. Please tell me it's because my baby is still little and that cooking gets easier when they can sit up and play.

Okay, in any case, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! I'd love to get together sometime.

xo,
Heather

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday