Mother's Day Love Letter



Happy Mother's Day!
Motherhood has taught me so much. It has changed me profoundly. It has brought me into my own. It has given me a community, a chance to define my values, a chance to love more than I had ever loved before. It is the hardest job I have ever held and the most rewarding. I am so thankful for my children.
I want to toast all the mothers out there who have become my community through the last four years. For the support, love and commiseration, I thank you. You are amazing examples of motherhood and I am so lucky to know and learn from all of you.
To my sisters, Tiffany and Melissa, you are great mothers and have raised some fun, feisty, independent, intelligent boys that I am proud to call my nephews.
I am also so thankful for my grandmother and my husband's mother. Beautiful, strong women who have each taken a hand in mothering me, my children and my husband. GiGi, I am so lucky to be so close to you and I enjoy your presence in our lives every day. Martha, you raised a wonderful man and are a great mother to both of us. I am truly lucky to be able to have such a fantastic relationship with my mother in law. I cannot thank you both enough.
And a love letter to my mama. Mom, you are not just my mother, but also my best friend. You were a fantastic mother all the way through and in all my parenting choices I now look back and say, "What would my mama, do?". I hope you know that is my highest compliment to you. You are a beautiful soul, and a beautiful woman inside and out.
I hope you all sleep in, have a beautiful breakfast, get to kiss your children and hear them say I love you. Amber

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday