Davis Goes to Band Rehearsal


Davis is always talking about how much he wishes he could go to band rehearsal. This is probably because his PaPaw is always dashing off to band rehearsal in his race car. Davis will suddenly announce that he has to go to band rehearsal and will put his Wiggles guitar in his back pack, jump on his little Vespa and ride off around the house. He tells me how when he grows up he's going to be in a band like PaPaw.
A couple of weeks ago, my dad mentioned that his band was having a special rehearsal here in San Marcos in the Hippie House (a guest house belonging to my parents) next door. He invited me to bring Davis by to see his rehearsal.
I told Davis and he was thrilled. Time passed slowly for him all day. When it was time to go, he grabbed his guitar and raced out the door and across the field to the other house. When we got there, we heard music and opened the door to the sight of the entire Lucky Tomblin Band rehearsing.
Davis was suddenly overwhelmed and threw himself in my arms and buried his head in my shoulder. My dad got up and walked over to him and asked him if he would come to him. Davis willingly transfered to his PaPaw and my dad carried him over to the couch next to him. He propped him up on a pillow and handed him his little Wiggle's guitar.
Davis sat so seriously and when the next song was up, he began to play. Redd Volkaert was so gentle, but continuously encouraging to Davis. He was great. Another song began and Davis quietly began strumming his guitar again. He took it so. seriously. He was In The Band.
When that song ended I scooped him up and whisked him away, but not before all the band members thanked him and asked him to join them again any time. He was so proud. And I was too. I took a video that is awesome! Please enjoy Davis and the Lucky Tomblin Band!

Comments

Unknown said…
wow. that was just awesome! what a lucky kid to get to do that!
Heather said…
soooooooooooo cute!!!
Debbie said…
I got a 'we're sorry this video is no longer available.' :(
Sounds like such a sweet experience!
Amber said…
Debbie, try again. I'm not getting the error. It was really cute.
Debbie said…
How fun! He totally took that seriously...so cute.

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday