Your Three Year Old


Davis has always been relatively easy. We've had our hard times though and they tend to cycle in and out. The age of three and a half is the hardest so far. My sweet, gentle child has become difficult and extremely wilfull. I'm finding myself at a loss with how to deal with him. Tricks and techniques that worked before aren't now. He's difficult in public and that is new.
I remembered that recently my friend had mentioned to our group, The Austin Mamas, that she was having a hard time with her 3.5 year old. I went back and re-read all the advice that other mothers had given her. Over and over they recommended a book, Your Three Year Old: Friend or Enemy.
I went to the library today and checked it out and read the first chapter while the kids played outside and I watched them from the porch swing. It is right on so far. I love it. It feels so good to know that this is a normal phase that should be over in about six months. I hope the book goes on to give me tips on how to deal with it as well.
I thought I would share this book with you guys since it's a series and has books for other ages as well. cheers! Amber

Comments

Cheris said…
It doesn't. Or if it did, I missed it. It just talked about the kid's abilities etc. You're right, it was good to know that it's normal. But then I just read something else that said 4 is extremely difficult. GAH! Maybe I'll stop reading...

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday