Alzheimer's Memory Walk and CASA Fundraiser



Yesterday morning we all ran/walked the Alzheimer's Memory Walk for the third year in a row. It was great. We had such a fun time and really moved fast this year. The kids had a blast and my good friend Cheris joined our team and brought her two children as well. Davis and her daughter Violet and my nephew Kade ran the second half of the race on their own two feet after eschewing the stroller.
After the race we headed over to the downtown Farmer's Market and ate empanadas and bought some beautiful produce and some delicious quinoa and pecan papardelle. We ran into our friends Jodi and Owen there and I got to ooh and ah over their beautiful new baby. It was a great morning.
We went home, showered, napped and played until it was time for our sitter to arrive and then Michael and I headed to the Texas Waste Disposal Exotic Game Ranch for the 5th Annual CASA of Central Texas Fundraiser. We've been every year and have always really enjoyed it. My mom has been board president and vice president for all of those years and we love to support her and this cause. I hope to be a CASA volunteer when my kids start school.
My whole family was there and the drinks flowed and the auction items were great this year! The band was lively and the chocolate fudge pie by the Texas Pie Company was absolutely amazing. I brought the camera to the event, but was having such a good time, I never pulled it from my purse. Sorry! Come with us next year so you can see it for yourself.

Comments

Jodi Egerton said…
SO lovely to see you guys!!!
(see? me blog stalker)
:)

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday