Halloween, Sugar Land, and the Renaissance Festival







This past weekend was a busy one! Friday was Halloween and also my mom's birthday. , Michael took the day off. The night before I accidentally sliced the tip of my ring finger off and so on Friday we headed for the doctor to have them dress it and then we packed. As soon as we picked up Davis from school, we headed directly to Sugar Land where Michael's parents live.
We got there and got changed into our costumes and headed for the Sugar Land town square where they were having big Halloween festivities. My parents had driven up that afternoon and had checked into the Marriott on the square and so were ready to join the fun. With both sets of grandparents, we trick or treated, got the kids faces painted, and joined a costume contest. Afterwards, we met my godmother Chris and her mother Christine at a great Italian restaurant and we all had dinner together to celebrate my mother's special day.
The next morning we woke early and drove a little over an hour to the Renaissance Festival. We had gone a year and a half ago to the one in Phoenix and had a good time. I had often gone to the one in Houston as a child, but had not been back in years. My parents came with us and so did my sister, my nephew, and my brother in laws parents.
The festival was fun and busy and completely overwhelmed the kids with the sights and sounds. The loved it, but were begging me to go home after about seven hours. We were all tired and so we drove home, put the kids to bed and curled up on the couch to watch the UT-Texas Tech game.
On Sunday we had brunch on the town square with my parents and then drove home. It was a packed weekend, but it was wonderful to stay with Michael's parents and both Halloween and the Renaissance Festival made great memories.

Comments

Mama Deb said…
Miles had the same costume as Davis, and Brooks had a Mater costume. The bummer was that neither of them would keep it on. Looks like you guys had fun!

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday