Davis Mountains






We spent our Thanksgiving Holiday in the Davis Mountains. That was a good halfway distance for us to drive to meet my cousin Marcie, her partner Ann and their two sons Andres and Cruz. It is also a beautiful place to camp.
We really wanted to see my cousin and her family because we are super close and our boys are the same ages and we hadn't seen them in almost two years.
As soon as I told my parents and grandparents that I was going to go camping in the Davis Mountains with my cousin they were on board too. My parents rented my dream RV, the Winnebago Access 31J. This is an RV that Michael and I had been lusting after and researching since midsummer and it was a total surprise and delight when Mom and Dad rolled up in it.
Michael and I had planned to tent camp with our family, but after hearing several extremely cold weather reports, we decided to stay in the RV with my parents. It was a great decision!
We loaded up the RV on Tuesday and early on Wednesday morning we drove out in a very crowded, very excited, and very happy RV. We had mom, dad, Davis, Sam, my niece Lilliana, Michael and myself. The drive took about eight hours and we got there just before dark.
Grandma and Gramp had gotten there earlier in the day and reserved us a fabulous camp spot at the end of a culdesac. Across a gully and wash from our campsite was a playground! It was perfect. Ann and Marcie had the spot next to ours and we basically had the entire culdesac to ourselves.
We made a campfire and kept it going the whole time. It was pretty chilly most days. We didn't do much. We ate fantastic food and drank wine and played on the playground and went on a few hikes. The kids played outside all the time and grownups caught up and rested and played with the kids. We had a talent show one day with the kiddos that was hilarious and Davis orchestrated a dance off in front of the RV that included Grandma and Gramp. It was so fun.
Hope you enjoy the pics. There are so many good ones, please click over to flickr and check them all out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday