Ikeasaurus

Ikeasaurus



In the middle of all our own medical woes, I heard that my friend Kari was having far greater ones.
Kari is part of my Austin Mama community. She is a talented writer and has one of my favorite blogs, Haiku of the Day. She has had a very hard time in the last year. She had an incredibly difficult pregnancy and had her sweet baby Ike way too early. He has had so many complications. Her husband lost his job at the end of January and with it, their medical insurance. This last weekend, baby Ike grew even sicker and is now in the PICU.
My community of Austin Mamas have in 48 hours, circled our wagons and created a website, planned a rummage sale, a bake sale and a family friendly music event and silent auction. We've raised money for insurance. We are doing everything we can to help Baby Ike and Karimama and I am going to ask you to help too.
I am the coordinator for the music and auction event and if you can or want to help me please let me know.
Also please check out Kari's blog Haiku of the Day and then head over our website that we've created for Ike, called Ikeasaurus. Or click the picture above to donate right away.

Comments

Kat Ogden said…
Oh no!
Please let me know if you need anything, a little care package simply COULD NOT hurt right now.

I am sorry about Baby Ike too, all my best wishes and I am so glad that powers like the Austin Mamas exist.

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday