Bluebonnets and Aunt Julia's Birthday








We drove up to Huntsville this weekend to celebrate my great-Aunt Julia's 80th birthday. We took our time on our drive up and saw some beautiful spring wildflowers. The town of Brenham was breathtakingly pretty. We stopped at one point and took some photos in a patch of bluebonnets that seemed really popular.
Taking photos in the bluebonnets is something that you do if you live in Texas, but it's been hard to do since we've living in such extreme drought conditions this year. We had to drive a few hours east, but we found them.
It was a nice weekend and a great opportunity to see the Davis side of my family that I so seldom see. They had a crawfish boil and it was so fun to watch Davis and Sam watch the crawfish. Enjoy the pictures.
Happy Spring everybody and Happy Birthday to my lovely Aunt Julia!

Comments

Mari said…
Hi! Your bluebonnet photos are lovely! It sounds like you all had a swell time at your Aunt Julia's Birthday. It's a cozy rainy day in Tucson, and I just bought pasteries from La Baguette on Pantano and Broadway. The women who still run that place have known me for 15 years! It was heartwarming and nostalgic to see them. I miss my boys (your boys)! I hope y'all have a wonderful Easter!

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday