Garden, Courtyard and Soup Swap






We had an insanely busy but fun weekend.
Friday night we had dinner at McCormicks and Schmicks and then saw the touring production of Avenue Q. It was a perfect evening.
Saturday morning we woke and slogged through the mud while we worked on our courtyard. Michael was digging up the grass we had killed and capping sprinkler heads. I did laundry and worked in the house as well. Then we went outside and laid out our weed barrier. That evening we headed back up towards Austin to the exotic game ranch for a fabulous benefit for Charity partnerships for children in Austin. I am totally in love with their Yes Mentoring program. Check it out here.
Sunday morning, Michael took Davis to get his stitches out while I threw together a pumpkin and black bean soup for my soup swap. Then we headed outside to work on the courtyard again. We hauled load after load of huge rocks and then placed them and added the gravel. Then we cleaned up all the mud off the sidewalks and then I cleaned the entire house while Michael mowed our four acres of lawn. Around four my soup swap started. We had nine different soups to swap and Michael and Rob watched at least nine children outside for us while we did it. Lots of delicious wine and appetizers were consumed and we all had so much fun.
After the kids were in bed, I fell over in exhaustion.
This morning, early, Michael left for El Paso. I dragged my sore and tired body outside and took the cans off my tomatoes and put on cages and then hoed the whole garden. I think I'll rest this afternoon.
Two and a half more days till our beach vacation!

Comments

Mama Deb said…
I'm jealous....I totally have wanted to see Avenue Q for ages! Wish it would come here!

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday