I'm Grateful

I'm having a hard week. I really just want to sit here make a list of all the crappy things that are going on this week, but I'm not. I read on an airplane last weekend that one way to make your teen slightly less of a pain in the rear is to make them write a thank you letter to someone once a week expressing their gratitude for something. So I thought maybe if I made a list here on my blog about the things I am grateful for, then maybe I'd feel less like screaming/breaking down in tears/going out for an early cocktail without the children. (and that would be bad because michael's out of town and I would have no one to leave them with)
Onward.
1. I am so grateful to have my husband. He is perfect for me and even though we have our spats, he is my best friend and the best husband anyone could have. Totally loyal, hardworking, gentle, a great dad and good looking to boot.
2. My children. They are healthy, active, beautiful children. And I haven't totally screwed them up. at least not yet. As of now, they really love me. I'm so lucky.
3. My family. I have so much support and love from my family. I am blessed.
4. My home. This house rocks. I love the ranch. I love the view. I love being so close to my family. The layout is almost perfect. It's comfortable and beautiful and I truly, truly love it.
5. My friends. I have some kick butt friends. Never in my life have I had a group of friends that I feel so safe and happy with. I know I can count on them and they are fun to be with too. No mean girls among them.
6. Travel. I still get to do quite a bit of it and it always makes me happy to explore outside my thirty mile radius.
7. My dog. He's a really good dog. Will there ever be such a good dog as Henry again?
8. Food. I really like food. I really like to cook it and eat it and I'm so glad it's deemed necessary by society in general so I can spend money and energy on it and nobody can think it's a frivolous hobby.
9. Survivor. it's a cheesy show, but it's made me happy every season and every Thursday I have something to look forward to.
And that's all for today. I think I feel better. I'm going to go have a piece of chocolate and think of more things to be grateful for.
I hope you enjoyed this more than the rant you almost got.
XXOO, Amber

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday