Fun with the boys




We've been having a good week. We've been busy. Michael has been working in Giddings every day which is an hour and a half commute each way. This means he leaves before the kids wake and arrives home after they go to sleep. And then last night he didn't get home till 4AM! No one should ever doubt his dedication to his job.
This has left me a lot of time with the boys. And we've been making good use of it!
Sam has dropped his nap. I keep putting him in his room, but he just plays in his bed for an hour. He does go to sleep now at 6:30PM which leaves me an hour to have special time with Davis. This is actually pretty perfect since Davis will start school next week and we needed to find a new time to spend some one-on-one time together.
This week we had a playdate with my friend Stacey and her two kids. I went to the dentist. We had a great playdate and lunch with my mom and my niece Lilliana. I got to go my beloved book group.
And yesterday we spent the morning with my friends Alicia and Jt and their kids touring Aquarena Springs on the glass bottom boats and enjoying another lunch out together. I brought Lilliana with me as well and everyone had a great time. It was a blast from the past and it was really interesting, but it was weird to go there and not do the underwater theater or the sky ride. I missed those things.
Yesterday afternoon we headed up to Austin to spend the afternoon with Cheris and Rob and Violet and Graham. Violet and Davis are as in love as ever and are still planning their wedding. They practiced their wedding dance yesterday, both dressed as princesses. They are adorable together. And Graham finally decided to talk to me! It was so fun to get to talk with that sweet little boy.
We also did a lot of hanging around the ranch this weekend and spending the early morning hours playing outside. Davis and Sam are truly best friends. They play so well together all day long. They are each other's playmates. I'm so glad we had them close enough together that they can relate so easily. I can only send out to the universe my fervent wish that it will last. And document it all now. I'm uploading pictures of these events on to flikr now.
Cheers! Amber.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday