Kade and Wicked and Bastrop





It's been a busy week. My nephew Kade came to spend last week with my mom and dad while my sister and her husband went to Vegas to celebrate their birthdays. We celebrated Kade's birthday with a pool party one day. Another day I picked him up and took the three boys to a jumpy place, then out to lunch, then out to ice cream and then to a playground. My boys love to be with their cousin and I love it too.
Then we spent a great weekend out and about.
Friday night the sitter came early (I'd like to mention here that we love our sitter) and kept all three boys while my parents, grandparents and I all drove up to Austin to my parents' condo. We met Michael there and had a beautiful dinner and then headed out to see the touring Broadway production of Wicked! It was so fun. It was the second time for us to see the show, but our seats were fantastic this time and we loved it even more! The songs have been stuck in my head ever since.
The next morning we loaded up the minivan with bikes and swim clothes and drove forty minutes to Bastrop where we had plans to have our family foundation meeting over the weekend at the Hyatt Lost Pines.
We stayed there last year in October for the same meeting and the kids loved it. Davis has been asking to return all year. He was thrilled to finally return as were we all.
We rode bikes and swam and then Kade had a joyful reunion with his parents when they returned from Vegas. Saturday evening, the kids were asleep by 7 and Michael and I snuggled up in our big bed and ordered room service and watched a movie. It was a perfect date night.
Sunday the sitter arrived and kept the kids all day while we had a meeting. We had so much fun in our meeting and have great plans. Check out my husband's blog for his take on the meeting. He cracks me up. Then that evening we had a fancy dinner in the fabulous restaurant, Stories, at the resort. After dinner, my sister and brother-in-law went to get Kade to take him for s'mores and a movie under the stars. Since our kids were already snoozing and the babysitter was still there, my parents and Michael and I headed for the bar where we met with our friends Alicia and Jt who were also staying at the resort. It was a blast to get to spend some grown up time with our friends.
And yesterday we came home to relax and recover from our fun filled week. Michael did some household repairs and I ran Davis to the doctor to get some drops for his swimmer's ear. Michael is working in Giddings again this week and since Sam has mostly dropped his nap, he won't be seeing him awake much, but we'll make it work like we always do. Davis starts school next week so we'll make this week count. I just didn't use the camera much this weekend, but I'll try to do better. Till next time, Amber

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday