Meet Ellie




We have a new dog. She is a Maltese. She is almost four and is a retired show champion and a breeding dog. We rescued her from a situation that I don't think was very good. She's had three c-sections and has been de-barked. She's loving and smart and eager to please. She is not potty trained, but she is crate trained and leash trained and we're making great progress. I am already in love with her and she is the perfect lap dog.
I know you may be asking yourself what happened to our plan to adopt a havanese puppy. I'll tell you. I decided that a puppy would be way too much work when I'm already to often overwhelmed with my own puppies (Davis and Sam). This way we skip the all night pottying and year of chewing and manner learning. AND I got to rescue a dog that really needed us when I know that Django will find a great home easily. PLUS I finally got my little girl. I've already dressed her in pink.
You'll find her in my lap.

Comments

Mama Deb said…
AGH! I can't believe they bred her, DE-FREAKING-BARKED her, and then didn't have the decency to potty train her. She probably lived in that crate all of the time except for when they wanted to show her off. Ugh. People suck. Really glad you adopted her!!

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday