Thanksgiving '09






We had a pretty mellow Thanksgiving holiday.
On Tuesday evening, I sprained my ankle. Technically, it's a pulled tendon, but I think that it's all the same.
Wednesday, Michael worked from home and took some time out to hang out with the kids and me at the Jumpy Place at Kyle and take us to lunch at the Texas Pie Company. We went with Alicia and her kids and had a great time. That evening we built a fire and I cuddled on the couch with the Moreland books my friend Stacey has loaned to me and my foot encased in ice while Michael finished up his work.
Thursday morning we drove up to Bedford to spend time with Michael's mother's family. We watched the parade on TV and ate a nice lunch and then visited for several hours until it was time to take the kids to the hotel for bed and bath and for me to go put my foot up with ice. It was a really good day and it was especially nice to spend time with that side of the family that we don't see often. We all had a really good time. It was only disappointing in that most of Michael's cousins and brother didn't come. We're hoping that if we set this gathering every other year maybe we can all be there at the same time. We shall see.
After a lengthy breakfast at the hotel on Friday, we drove home. The drive was very long, but the kids worshiped the DVD player while we listened to Eclipse and I wrote Christmas cards. When we got home we set up the Christmas tree and put lights on it. It's so pretty. I love the Christmas season and could not wait to blast the Christmas carols and get into the Christmas spirit.
On Saturday we picked up Ellie and drove to Stonewall. We brought our things inside and drove into Fredericksburg for some shopping. I wanted to get some canned goods for presents. Then we had lunch at a great place called Rathskellars. Really delicious food and reasonably priced. Then we went back to the house and met Rob and Cheris and their kids there. The kids were thrilled and immediately began playing while I put my aching ankle up and chatted with our wonderful friends. It was a fantastic day. We all ate dinner and then sat outside and watched the sunset and then the bats emerge. After the kids were in bed we played games and sat cozied up next to the wood burning stove. Michael and I really are blessed to have such good friends.
Sunday Cheris made pancakes and bacon and we all feasted mightily. Then we shooed the kids out to play (they get along so. well. It blows my mind how rarely they fight) tidied up and got ready to go check out the Sauer-Beckman Living Farm. We love this place and it is so close to the Stonewall house and FREE!. After the living farm we headed back into Fredericksburg for lunch at Hondos in the courtyard.
The burgers there are tremendous. Yum. It was time to go home so we all packed up the Stonewall house and said goodbye. We drove the beautiful drive home and spent the rest of the afternoon puttering around the house and trying not to hurt my ankle anymore.
Monday morning, Michael headed out of town and I headed for the doctor. A new brace and a promise of light at the end up the tunnel improved my mood a great deal. My parents came over and helped build a fire and took care of Sam while I was at the doctor. I'm so lucky to have family so close by. It looks like my ankle will be all better in a couple of weeks. Just in time for me to be rockin' by Christmas.
XO, Amber

Comments

cheris said…
We had SUCH a great time! Thanks for inviting us! Glad your ankle is feeling better... maybe the kids will wait on you... um... yeah...

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday