February Snow Day






It snowed! Real, fat snowflakes! It started with sleet, then ice pellets, then rain, then sleet again. Then snow. It came down thick and fast. I had just picked up Sam from school, but I turned around and drove back to town to get Davis. Of course I did! Neither boy had ever seen it snow and I wanted to watch them experience it. I knew Ms. Spaulding would take the children outside to see it, taste it, feel it, but I wanted to be part of it too.
When we got home the boys stayed outside and made tiny snowballs, scooped up snow with their tractors and ran around trying to catch it on their tongues. And then it stopped snowing and began melting. Our hour of snow day was over.
We came inside and I made mexican hot chocolate and we all sat down and drank it out of real tea cups. It was really awesome. Short, fast and not much, but totally awesome.

Comments

cheris said…
cute tea cups! ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday