Davis is 5


Well, my first-born is five today. He is officially a big boy. He is lean and tall and athletic. His face has slimmed out.
He speaks well and clearly and has a huge vocabulary. He is really reading now and doing tons of math. His new obsessions are dinosaurs and space, but he still adores race cars and riding his bike. He's not picky about food and is willing to try most things. Davis sings on pitch and loves to make up songs and dance and sing and play his guitar.
He is a very social creature and adores being with his friends. He still loves his dad best, but somehow always wants me when he needs help, needs kisses, or gets his feelings hurt.
Davis is extremely independent and self-contained. He does not wear his heart on his sleeve. Emotions run deep in this child and he notices and takes in everything. He will push you away if you get too close, but when you get through, it makes it all that more special.
Davis can be willful and defiant, always testing his boundaries and trying to expand them. He is also incredibly thoughtful, gentle and caring. He thinks big thoughts.
He is an old soul in a young body. I love him with every part of me and I am so lucky that I get to be his mom in this lifetime.
He is his own little person now and I am so excited to be on this wild ride with him. I'm looking forward to five. Happy Birthday, sweetheart. I love you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday