Over Sharing

Hi my name is Amber and I over share.
I realize the irony of posting this on my blog.
I talk too much. It's part of my outgoing personality. I feel obligated to fill gaps or pauses in conversation. This has been a problem my whole life. I feel like I need to be charming and then I share something and later I think that perhaps the listener wasn't asking for quite so much information.
I do try to be a good listener. I think I'm a pretty good communicator. My problem is mostly that I take being an "open book" too far. I think maybe sometimes I share things that people don't necessarily want to know. And yes, this is exacerbated by intoxication.
I have this quote on my email signature line. "Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, does it improve on the silence?" It's a quote I picked because it reminds of me my intentions. I love it. I will continue working on it.
Life is a work in progress, right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday