River Campout









So. Here are my thoughts about the camp out at our river bottom that we hosted this weekend.
It was hot. It was a lot of work. It had some really fun moments. If I had just gotten to attend, I would have loved the party. The party part was awesome. But the throwing part, that was so hard it made it not worth it.
That being said, we loved the actual social fun of it all. The river was gorgeous and the perfect temperature for swimming. It was really fun to float in the river. The kids had a blast playing with each other and playing in the sand and water. I loved to listen to our friends play the guitar. It was fun to drink beer and eat chex mix and sit on the dock and hang out with our friends. We have some pretty awesome friends if I do say so myself.
But the getting ready was so hard because it was so humid and hot. And sleeping in a tent in 90 degree weather is miserable. And only about half the people who RSVP'd yes actually came.
So. Next year if we do this again, we are having an afternoon river float/pot luck. People can camp if they want to, but we won't. I am never camping in the summer in Texas again unless I am in an RV.

Comments

Rob L. said…
We had a great time overall, but yeah, +1 for no more camping attempts in summer. I sure do hope we can camp there this fall with y'all, though. It's the perfect place.
cheris said…
Ditto. And thanks for all your hard work. I know you guys slaved away...

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday