Christmas Parties!









We partied all week. I'm loving the holiday season. I like all the chances to dress up, sing and be with my friends.
On Wednesday I had a long, delicious, fabulous lunch with my ladies celebrating a birthday.
We had a great ranch happy hour on Thursday.
Friday night we attended the kids' Open House at Montessori. We all dressed up and the kids really enjoyed showing off their work. Davis showed off his work with fractions and also his knowledge of the parts of plant root. Sam skip counted by nines and worked with phonograms. We were proud. They were proud. Then we all had hot chocolate. We drove home looking for Christmas lights and singing Christmas carols at the top of our lungs.
We dropped the kids off at the house with our babysitter and changed into cocktail attire. Then we drove over to my parents' house to cohost our book group holiday Christmas party. We had so much fun! We drank and laughed and did a gift exchange and sang lots of Christmas (and non-Christmas) karaoke. I served my cherry bounce and it was yummy. I stayed up till after 1 in the morning and had a blast. I love my friends so much.
Saturday we stayed inside for most of the day. I curled up with my quilt and my kindle in front of the fire and let the kids play. We had a party to go to at 2, but we decided to stay home and relax. We needed the recovery time.
Sunday we went to church and then out for sushi (the kids cannot get enough miso, gyoza or dragon rolls). Then we went over to my parents' house for their grand open house party. There were over 100 people who stopped by. It was wonderful to see old family friends and spend time with all of our friends. Cool Mint cafe catered and the food was very good. The kids all sang Christmas carols and we sipped champagne and sang along with them.
I really love Christmas. And I love parties. We're going caroling with our friends this weekend and intend to go see the Trail of Lights in Wimberley. There are some good times going on around here.

Comments

AECH said…
Such good times. Such necessary revelry. Thanks for being the consummate hosts. The Walters & Co. are high on the list of things for which we are very grateful this year. xoxA

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday