Sledding!







Yesterday I stayed home in the morning with Davis, Sam and Cruz while Mom and Dad shopped and everyone else went up to Sipapu to ski/snowboard. Michael took an hour long snowboarding lesson and then did a blue run. He had never snowboarded before and was really proud that he picked it up so quickly. He's sore this morning though!
The boys and I lazed by the fire and then went into town to meet Mom and Dad for lunch at this fabulous hotel resort called El Monte Segrado. It was amazing and the food was great too. I had some mussels in white wine, garlic chili broth and it blew my mind. The kids were impressed about the fun anaconda dining where we had our table.
After lunch, we said good bye to Mom and Dad and I drove the boys up the mountain to a great sledding hill. We unloaded sleds and started sledding. It was so fun. The hill is great, but there were pretty serious moguls in the middle and they were icy so the sledding was FAST. I had a great time until I hurt myself. I caught air on a mogul and when I slammed down, I hit my tail bone and excruciating pain went up and down my left side, When I got to the bottom I couldn't get up for a long time and when I finally did I was hurting very badly. Marcie and Ann showed up around this time with Andres and Amelia and they took over supervising and sledding while I sat in the snow and tried to ignore pain. Michael and Tiffany and Keith and Kade finally met us there and every one did some sledding. Michael helped the boys build a real life, big snowman and Ann shared her flask with me.
Sam and Davis LOVED sledding. Sam had a new plastic green sled and he was dedicated in pursuit of the sled ride. The would ride down fast and serious, smile and then immediately trudge up for another solitary ride down. He must have sled that hill at least 50 times. Davis loved it too, but he liked to ride with other people. It was a success and free and we will probably do it at least two more times this trip.
I came home (and cried all the way cause the upright sitting position doesn't work for me) and took four ibuprofens, sat in the recliner with with a heating pad and drank gin and tonics. We ate a fusion dinner out of things out of the refrigerator and pantry (miso soup, tamales, pizza) and then played a great game of Things once my boys went to bed. The game and evening petered out when Amelia drew with marker on my mom's new leather couch and my ibuprofen wore off and so I went to bed early. I'm about finished with my book by Kristin Hannah and it is perfect vacation reading. I think I'll start another one today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday