The Cleanse

I am now on day 12 of my allergy cleanse and day 6 of only eating medical shakes and green vegetables. I am miserable and weak. However, I am headache and body ache free. My skin is clear and I'm not sick at all. I'm down a whole dress size and fit in my clothes again. I'm glad for those positive things. That's why I'm doing it. But I hate this cleanse all the same.
I really love food. I like flavors and textures and cooking. I also really love my evening cocktails. I haven't been to a restaurant in two weeks and I haven't had a single sip of liquor. I miss those things a lot. In order to stick with my cleanse I've made sure not to have any social life to tempt me. I miss my friends a lot. I can't wait to be done with this.

Comments

Kat Ogden said…
I'm proud of you! It's not easy at all. I'm glad you feel better.

Can I ask what shakes you are using? I'm having skin issues and I keep thinking (after reading a bit online I admit) that it might be due to allergy. I know an elimination diet is the way to go but not sure where to start.

- Katie
Amber said…
They are inflammx and inflammacore. The cleanse was prescribed by my doctor and those are the shakes that he prescribed. There might be better ones for skin. I'd ask your doctor for an elimination diet and some recommendations. It really does help.

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday