Spaghetti Dinner in Sugar Land



We had a nice visit this weekend in Sugar Land with the in-laws. We drove up on Friday afternoon. It was pouring down rain. The drive was very tense because I just couldn't see anything through the rain, but the kids were oblivious, listening to The Magic Treehouse books on their headphones.
We went straight to the Spaghetti Dinner thrown to raise money for The Exchange club of which my father-in-law is a member. We found the vegetarian spaghetti and then the kids played in the kid area and got their faces painted and Michael and I shopped the auction. The night went late for the kids and we put them down as soon as we got back to my in-laws' home.
Saturday morning we had plans to drive to Galveston and watch a mardi gras parade, but it was still pouring down rain and cold, so we changed plans. We lounged about the house for the morning and then drove into town for lunch at Fish City Grill. The food was delicious. After lunch we drove to the local Sugar Land museum. We all had a good time there, looking at exotic frogs, dinosaur bones, and the planetarium. I took a nap when we got home and the boys fished with their grandpa and dad. Then we left the kids with their grandparents and went to see The Vow at the local Alamo Drafthouse. The movie was pretty silly, but I love going to the draft house and Michael and I both enjoyed our date.
Sunday I read the morning away while Michael and the boys played cards with the grandparents. Then we all went to the Sugar Creek Country Club to have brunch with some wonderful friends from Michael's childhood. We had a great time and the boys behaved very well. It was a fun trip. We really enjoy going up to spend time in Sugar Land with our family. We always have fun and feel well loved.
And then we drove home and unpacked and did laundry. I heated up a soup swap soup and we all fell into our beds.
We woke up in the middle of the night because Davis had gotten a stomach virus. We cancelled our plans for the day and I have spent my day taking care of my very sick child. I can only hope that Davis gets over this one quickly and doesn't spread it around. I keep washing my hands and wiping things down with clorox wipes. We shall see.

Comments

cwalter said…
Martha and I loved having your family at our house. So sorry Davis is ill.

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday