Camp Indigo, Dinner with Friends, Doing Great











This week has been great! I owe a ton of this to Camp Indigo. The kids have been attending this fabulous camp run by the Amala Foundation. This is an amazing organization. My parents offered to send both my boys and their cousin Kade to this camp when we first heard about them and we were thrilled to accept. The kids are blossoming there. They love it and are coming home more kind and more compassionate. The camp is at Austin Discovery School this year which is about a forty five minute drive for me each way. This hasn't been so bad though, because our dear friend Linda who lives on the ranch heard us discussing the camp and when she checked out the website, loved the organization and volunteered for both weeks of the camp! She has been taking our boys in the morning with her, so I only have to do the afternoon pickup. It's great. And I get to see my sister at drop off on occasion and get to hug my nephew. Love it.
I've also gotten to be a bit more social this week and that has been so fun and rewarding and good for me. We had a delicious dinner at our friends' Zach and Elizabeth's house and the kids had a ball playing together while we all caught up. I had lunch with my dear friend Marchelle at Magnolia Cafe and we chatted and chatted. It was wonderful to catch up and belatedly celebrate her birthday. We also went out to dinner at the Root Cellar to celebrate our friend Chris' birthday with all his friends. The food was great and we enjoyed getting to talk and laugh with our friends. This night on the town was also a celebration of Michael's and my anniversary. I dressed up for Michael and we had a nice bottle of wine and it was fun.
Michael and I have reconnected this week and it has been so good for us. I didn't realize how much that could improve my mood! And I've been running a ton this week. I'm totally addicted to the runners high.
We leave today for our vacation! We are so excited. XXOO, Amber

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday