Leaf Peeping in Beaver Creek


This Thursday, my mama flew in for a quick weekend visit. We had professional development day on Friday, so I worked a half day and then we loaded up the kids and drove up to Beaver Creek. I had used our free Hyatt globalist night at the Park Hyatt and gotten a second night for a ridiculously low rate. I had guessed and hoped and prayed that this weekend would fall in peak leaf changing season and I think I was right! The leaves were spectacular. Colorado took the first day of fall very seriously and changed our 80 degree and sunny weather on the 21st to 50 degree and rainy weather on the 22nd. But we didn't mind. The hotel had a lovely spa and Suzy had sent me a link to a groupon for facial or massage there so we all indulged. It was great. We sat by the giant fire pits and the kids ice skated and made s'mores. We played mexican train in the gorgeous hotel overlooking the village. Samuel has been struggling with a migraine all week and it got to him half way through Saturday. He spent the afternoon and evening in the room and Davis joined him that evening for room service and a movie while mom and Michael and I had the best Italian food and conversation at a restaurant across the way from the hotel. We had such a good time.
We drove back Sunday morning and while we had frost in Aspen, it had snowed in Vail pass! The white snow made a beautiful contrast with the golden orange aspens and the dark green evergreens. We took pictures all the way home and did a scenic drive through down the adorable Georgetown's main street.
That evening, Mom and I hosted book group and the next day she had to fly away. It was a fantastic visit, but too short! Still, it was so nice to share the absolute beauty of our Colorado home with my mama.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday