Neighborhood Block Party


I decided a few weeks ago to throw a neighborhood block party. I wrote a grant to Littleton, but I haven't heard back yet if I got it. In the meantime, I asked the HOA to help cover the cost of the meat for the bbq and they agreed. I sent out a sign up genius and got ready to party. On Saturday before Father's Day I ran to Costco for supplies, cleaned the popcorn machine and we set up the movie screen, EZ ups and tables. I had booked Renaissance Adventures to come out for Davis's coming of age, but they had been rained out, so I rescheduled them for block party fun.
They came out and played with the kids for an hour in the green space. It was a huge hit. Several neighbors grilled hamburgers and hot dogs and everyone brought a potluck dish to share. After dinner, we gathered in the green space for an outdoor movie. We screened Incredibles because the sequel was coming out that weekend. Halfway through the movie, the sprinklers came on! We scrambled and moved to our backyard where the kids all gathered on the deck to watch. We lost the majority of our adult crowd in the move, but the kids loved watching the movie from the deck.
We know our neighborhood is really special and this was a great day to spend time with all our friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday