T-Boned


A week and a half ago, Michael was in town and the kids were at a half day cyber security camp. I had watched a neighborhood kid that morning and then I left a little early to pick up the kids so that I could swing by the dry cleaners. As I took a left on a green light by the middle school, I was t-boned by an older gentlemen who completely ran the red light. Luckily, he wasn't going too fast, but it was still shocking.
We pulled over and called the cops, and sat in the grass while we waited, both of us shaking. He was very sweet and apologized and offered me half his sandwich. I declined. Finally the cop came and gave him a citation and me a case number and sent us on our way.
I was very grateful that my friend Megan could pick up the kids and later take me to get a rental. The car is drivable, but the back door doesn't shut properly and it would make me a nervous wreck to let Sam sit next to that door. And we are still driving the rental because the shop is so busy they can't even get me in until this Wednesday, twelve DAYS, after the accident.
I miss my car.
But I am very grateful that we are all okay.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday