End of Summer Block Party


Earlier in the summer, I applied for a grant from the city of Littleton for a neighborhood block party. I got the same grant the year before so I was pretty confident we might receive it. We did! So I went to HOA and set up an end of the summer block party for this last weekend.
I'm not going to lie, it was a lot of work! But the whole neighborhood pitched in and it was a lot of fun. We had a bike parade and contest with prizes, three grills with burgers and brats going, lawn games, a Kona Ice truck with free kona ice, and an outdoor movie in the green space.
It was a hot day, but we had shade and a breeze and it actually felt very comfortable. Everyone seemed to have a good time and there was plenty of food and drink and help so I had a good time too!
By the time I filled up my wine glass and settled in my airlounj in front of the movie screen, I felt quite satisfied and in love with my neighborhood. Thanks, Littleton!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday