UU Voice/Katie visit/Date afternoon


Last weekend, we had a really busy weekend! Samuel was sick, Davis was recovering, Michael flew home after being sick and gone all week and I had my show. I had been rehearsing every night that week for our annual church musical. It was really fun and I absolutely loved my cast. I feel like I'm slowly finding my tribe here, bit by bit, piece by piece. -side tangent- I recently read Sarah Bird's "Love Letter to Texas Women" and it talked about neighboring people. I think that's missing in Colorado and I miss it. It makes getting to know people more difficult here. -tangent over-.
Saturday was the show. Katie was in Colorado Springs with Soren for a judo tournament. She drove up with him on Saturday afternoon and we visited for a while before I had to leave for the show. It was so fun to be with them both! The show was fun and I did okay, except for the part where I missed a line in my song, and then had a panic attack backstage which will embarrassingly make my cast pity me for the rest of my life. Sigh. Michael and Katie Ben and Suzy and Jason and the kids (minus G) all came to support me which meant so much! After the show we all went out to Varsity Inn for pizza and drinks and had a lovely time. Katie and Soren drove back to the Springs after dinner and we went home to bed.
Sunday we went back to church 'cause Davis had O.W.L. and M and I were volunteering with the kids downstairs. After church we ran the kids home and then drove downtown for a matinee of "The Play that Goes Wrong" which was absolutely hilarious. I laughed until I cried. When the show was over we called the kids and they were fine playing Fortnite, so we drove to downtown Littleton and had happy hour wine and dinner at Smokin' Fins. It was so nice to get a date with Michael and we had such a good time together.
When we got home, Katie and Sore drove in to spend the evening with us. We sat by the fireplace downstairs and visited and talked and laughed while Soren hung out with Davis. It was just like old times and was so good. It was a really nice weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday