Sam in the Little Mermaid


This weekend was Sam's school musical. I have been helping direct the show since the beginning of the semester. Sam at first didn't even know if he wanted to be in it. Then he decided he might have a tiny part. Then I convinced him to audition for Skuttle the seagull. He did and was cast and then realized it was a lead! You guys, it is not just motherly pride when I tell you that he did amazing! He killed on his role. He truly blossomed this semester through this role. He gained confidence and swagger and has fallen in love with acting. My heart is full. He was just so good. The show was great too. I didn't know if it was going to be okay until the morning of the show, but it somehow all fell together. The main director, Michelle, is a rock star and totally pulled it together. The art teacher created gorgeous sets and props as well as all the costumes. The whole school worked on some aspect of production. We performed two shows on Friday and one on Saturday. My mom sent yellow roses for Sam for opening night and I was gifted flowers on stage as well as a generous gift card on Saturday night from the parents. Ben and the neighborhood kids came to support us on Friday and we were all grateful, especially Sam, who really wanted his friends to come see his acting debut. We went out to Parry's pizza after opening night at Sam's request and then we all fell into bed exhausted. I don't think I have ever been that tired. Saturday's performance was even better and so fun. I really had a great time with this show and I think Sam did, too. Theater success!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday