As You Wish FUNdraiser


Since the end of June, I've been working on a fundraiser for Anastasis Academy, where Sam goes to school and I work. I conceived of the idea of having a picnic/outdoor movie night fundraiser. I picked the Princess Bride, because I love it so. I was the event planner and worked on it ALL summer and early fall. This past weekend we had a weekend off between mountain bike races and we filled it! Friday night was the fundraiser. We worked all day setting it up and it was gorgeous. The team we had working on the event were amazing! We partnered with SAME Cafe for food and had wine donated from Tony's and beer donated from Crazy Mountain Brewery. We had lawn games and facepainting and an interactive game for the movie. We also had popcorn and picnic blankets and a great silent auction. I led a paddle raiser right before the movie and it worked even though I was terrified to do it.
I thought the party turned out really well and lots of people said it was fun. And now it's over! Woohoo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday