Injuries and a Cold Front


This week was crazy. Sam had minor surgery to remove two ingrown toenails on Monday which was super stressful for him. Tuesday evening, Davis had a mountain biking accident coming down from Waterton Canyon where he fell over the side of the single track down the cliff and took the skin off of his knee. We had to take him to urgent care in the dark so they could get gravel out from under the remaining skin flap and xray his knee for fracture. He turned out okay, but has NO skin on his knee so it will take a while to grow back. I worked my usual full days on Tuesday and Wednesday and spent Thursday at the school again working in our storage unit. We also had a major cold front blow in on Thursday. Wednesday we had highs of 80s and Thursday the high was 23 and we got four inches of snow. Luckily the sun came out on Friday and melted almost all of it, but it ruined our fall foliage. The cold front did encourage me to switch all our house in to winter mode. Michael blew out the sprinkler, I switched the AC to heat, I put flannel sheets on the beds and I bought Davis a winter blanket made of velvet. We brought in the pumpkins and plants and I sadly, sadly said goodbye to my gorgeous flowering garden.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday