Fondue, Speakeasy Soiree, Visit from my Mama


My mom came to visit this weekend! I picked her up from the airport and took her to Wash Park. We had lunch at a wonderful restaurant called Charcoal Bistro. We shared brussel sprouts, truffle fries and mussels and each had a glass of wine. Delicious! That evening we all went over to Paul's where he made us a fondue feast! We loved it! The kids had never had fondue before and it was a total winner. The kids also enjoyed Paul's hot tub. Unfortunately, neither kid was feeling well and when we got home, we realized Sam had a fever!
The next day Sam was feeling better, but with cold like symptoms and no fever. We decided he was on the mend. I took Sam and Garrett to open gym and then to the mall while Davis played video games online and did homework. I met Suzy at the mall and we looked for polo dresses, but I haven't found one yet. That evening Michael and I cleaned up and then Mom and Paul picked us up in a lyft and took us to the Speakeasy Soiree where Le Pompe, a fabulous Denver gypsy jazz band, was playing. We were in the VIP section with open bar and free tacos and we all did a 1920's charleston dance lesson. Our friends Maggie and Mike met us there and we all had a rip roaring good time.
Sunday morning, Sam had relapsed and was feeling very, very sick. I spent the morning in urgent care with him and they tested him for flu and strep. The flu test came back positive for Influenza type B. The poor kid was really sick with a high fever. I took him home and he was down for the count. Davis was much recovered though and happily went to play D&D with his friends from STEM. Michael and I sat with the calendar and put all of our vacation dates for all of 2020 on his calendar. There was lots of travel planning happening and 2020 is looking good! Sunday evening we watched Interstellar for family movie night which was very intense for me. I had to go out of the room several times. It was good though.
Monday Paul was working, so I got to spend time with my mama. We drove up to the Levitt Pavillion and met with some folks there. They do such amazing work! We are going to support them through the foundation and I'm personally gonna go see as many concerts this summer as I can! After our meeting we picked up Michael and went to lunch with Kelly in Highlands Ranch. The food was very yummy and it was so fun to introduce Kelly to my mom. The rest of the afternoon sped by and Mom and I puttered around the house and then I went to pick up Davis for an allergy appointment. We ended our afternoon together with a quick Target run for Davis before Paul whisked mom away for their final evening in Denver.
It was a great weekend for me, made infinitely better with my mom's presence. Sam is still really sick (it's Tuesday)but the rest of us are holding steady. Have a great week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday