Estes Park President's Day Weekend.


When we realized we couldn't go to NOLA for early mardi gras and parade's we decided to head up to the mountains. All the ski resorts were booked, but Michael and I managed to book YMCA Estes from my hospital bed.
The drive was easy and lovely and our cabin was great with fantastic views. I absolutely loved showing my mom the YMCA and the mountains and just being with her.
But I was hurting and on drugs and couldn't go outside. Davis was unhappy we weren't skiing. I was afraid of falling. Nobody was sleeping much. So there's that.
But there were good things too. We built a puzzle together and watched Ford vrs Ferrari and Matrix 2. We made smores on the fire. Michael took the boys sledding and checked out an ice cave. I helped Sam tye die a pillow case. Mom and Paul and Michael and I went out to lunch at the Stanley hotel and it was really fun. We saw lots of Elk.
It wasn't NOLA. But we did our best. Estes is always beautiful and we always love the Y.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday