Covid 19 March Timeline






Shortly after I posted 3 weeks ago about getting my mojo back, life changed a lot.
Here is the timeline with some significant life events thrown in.
March 2nd- Michael flew out of town. Got my x-rays of ribs done and blood work to discover source of stomach pain. Taught in the afternoon. Kids had guitar lessons.
March 3rd- Had dr appointment with rib doctor. He said I was healing nicely. Worked in the morning. Sam had gymnastics at Active.
March 4th-taught all day-full runthrough of the play. Sam went to Snobahn, Davis did homework.
March 5th- packed and cleaned, Michael came home, parent conference for Sam, multiple parent conferences for Davis. Very stressful day.














March 6th- No school. Drove to Keystone for months long planned snowboarding weekend. Checked into Hyatt Place. Was told Covid 19 was just diagnosed in Keystone. People were checking out like crazy. While Keystone was still full of people, there were no lines anywhere and everyone seemed to be leaving. We met Suzy and Garrett in Keystone and the kids swam. Got a call from my doctor saying my liver enzymes were way, way to high and to take no tylenol and drink no wine. I was displeased. Then the kids did night skiing with Michael while Suzy and I sat the in the little bar and people watched.
March 7th- Michael and Davis went on the mountain while Sam and I went on a walk. Talked to Martha and Clark and decided not to cancel spring break cruise. That afternoon the kids and Michael did a snowbiking lesson and that evening we took an amazingly wild gondola ride up to a fondue dinner and rode back in the dark. It was such a fun, optimistic and special family time.
March 8th- packed up and drove home.
March 9, 10, 11- Michael cancelled work trip to Tampa. I worked every day for our show at Anastasis with every day after school rehearsals. Davis did homework. We realized we had to cancel our spring break trip. We cancelled it. We realized we had to cancel our Alaska trip with the Danielsons. We cancelled it. Every day at school we sent out notices about COVID. Our Wednesday staff meeting was about online options if it came to that. Retested liver enzymes and did ultrasound and got better news. Need retest in three weeks.




March 12- Opening Night! That morning I drove Sam to his neurologist for his check up. Then we went straight to school for dress rehearsal. We had friends coming. My mom was flying in, but the plan was for her to just go to Paul's house and see the show the next night. I came out of dress rehearsal around 3pm and my principal took me in to her office and told me all after school activities had to be shut down that very day. She also told me she thought we could still have the play just once we did right at 5pm. We sent out an email to all parents to get there quick. I texted Paul who hopped in the car to go get my mom from the airport. I called Michael, cried a second, and told him to bring davis and Garrett to see the show. We got to perform! It was awesome! And then we striked the set and it was over. We loaded in the car, dropped Davis at home for an all night homework session and all went to Indulge for a celebratory wine/dinner.
March 13 kids went to school for what was announced that morning to be their last day of school for at least two weeks. I went to school and did some clean up work and then went to get mom. We went for an amazing sushi lunch and got our nails done. Then we picked up the kids and she and Paul stayed in while we had the Danielson's over for some cards and taco night.
March 14- my birthday! Sam made me pancakes in bed. Michael gave me some lotion. I walked the dog. We cancelled my birthday plans at Rioja. The DCPA cancelled our broadway show for that night. Mom and Paul and I went to Tony's and got treats and they got me a cake. We had a domino dinner party that night with Suzy and Jason and Mom and Paul and the kids.
March 15- we got word that they might put Colorado on lockdown. We decided to drive to Texas. We packed frantically all day.
March 16- drove to Lubbock. Left Sookie with Chris, took Holly. Stayed in Hyatt Place. Pool and restaurant were closed. Got upgraded to suite!
March 17- caravaned with Mom and Paul rest of way to San Marcos. Stopped in Eden Texas for picnic lunch. Arrived, swam in pool, drank wine, enjoyed sunshine and not being in the car.
Since then Covid had taken over everything. Bars and restaurants are closed. Nail salons and dentists are closed.












March 18-22 More restrictions. Sheltering in place. Zoom calls for work and friends. Michael works from Hippy house. Schools won't open until April 17th, but that's not likely. No groups anywhere bigger than 10. I waited in line for groceries in the rain at HEB. We wiped down each grocery item with clorox wipes when we got home. Shelves were picked off. jazzfest is cancelled. Graduations are cancelled. Cirque du soleil is cancelled. Spring mountain bike training is cancelled. Gymnastics and Snobahn are closed. The world has stopped.
We made lists every day at Casa Pacifica of things we could do that day. Kids are getting stir crazy and missing their friends. I miss my friends too! We extended our trip here another week and plan to go home beginning of April. We post poned Davis's birthday party.
We are sheltering in place.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday