Homestake Camping



















For Father's Day, we went camping on Homestake Road with the Danielsons. Jason is camping Yoda and is the perfect person to go camping with. We did dispersed camping and found an AMAZING campsite. We had a splendid time, chopping wood, hiking, playing games, sitting around the fire. The kids biked and then climbed a mountain twice. They played with their light sabers and made s'mores.
It was freezing the first night, but Jason saved me the second night by setting up a heater in my tent. Holly came with us and ate something bad out of the creek which made her sick, but I still think she had fun. I had never camped outside of a campground, but Jason made it easy, even setting up a makeshift toilet with a bucket and a seat. The Leadville area is beautiful and it was such a fun weekend. I want to do it again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday