August During Covid
















Colorado's numbers improved during August. There was a statewide mask mandate at the end of July and it helped. We spent our summer days watching Davis race XC. (Not the high school series, that's been cancelled). We ride bikes with the neighborhood kids to get ice cream outside. Michael and I finally felt safe enough to celebrate our wedding anniversary with dinner at Stoic and Genuine and a martini in Union Station where we were the only ones inside listening to our favorite lead singer of La Pompe. We swam at the public pool almost every day. The kids had nerf wars every day. I tended my flower garden and battled japanese beetles. I did my medical training for school and then went back to work. I did two weeks of inservice and got training in how to deal with covid and how to teach distantly. It was hot this August. Dry and hot and all of Colorado was in drought. I stayed up past midnight two different Thursdays listening to the school board meetings. I cooked and walked the dogs and played boozy games of Catan with Suzy and Jason. And August drifted by.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday