Back To School in Covid




 

Davis has gone back to Heritage for 10th grade. His school is on a hybrid schedule so he goes to actual school with the second half of the alphabet on Tuesdays and Thursdays and does the other days remotely. Sam went back to Anastasis for 8th grade for his last year there. (Sniff). I am teaching at Anastasis as well. I'm teaching theater and a class I created called C³ short for Creativity, Collaboration and Connection. I teach Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays this year. I teach two classes inside and all the rest outside. I have a dedicated theater room this year as well as a mobile outside classroom. I've only taught for one day this week with my full schedule (school started on Wednesday), but it seems to be working so far. I really love teaching and it is a joy to be with the kids, though of course, it is SO hard being in masks all the time and trying how to keep kids socially distanced. Plus it was so hot last week so teaching outside was exhausting. 

Both boys are thrilled to be with their friends again. Davis rides his bike to school and rides afterwards with his team on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Sam is back at Active on Tuesdays and goes to Snobahn often with Garrett. They added a skatepark which the boys have really enjoyed. 

We will see how long schools stay open. I check the denver post's list of school closures every day. I'm hoping we get at least a few weeks with the kids. These times are so odd. We just do the best we can. I don't know what we will do when the weather turns on us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Park Weekends

Michael is 50! (and Rosie is 1!)

Polo Weekend for Michael's Birthday